Thursday, May 6, 2010

Song310_You Keep My Heart

I woke up today at 0530, shoveled and spread mulch (at a 2.5 million-dollar home in Vaquero) from 0730 until 1300, slept for an hour, and then I started writing today's song. I took a similar approach to yesterday's song...sat with the acoustic for 20-30 minutes constructing chord progressions and melodies before doing any recording. This song has about 24 tracks (written, recorded and mixed in about 6.5hrs)...including 2 of my wife singing on the 'Chorus' sections. Once again, I didn't have my vocals completed until late in the day (around 2230), so she only had 30-minutes to learn and sing her part. Once she had a few takes that we liked (after only 5-6 tries) I got busy editing and mixing. I was able to mix the entire song in about 30-minutes...completing it around 2350! I'm up at 0500 tomorrow...better sleep fast.

LYRICS: "Don't miss it this time. Keep your eyes open wide. It's moving fast...always changing. Let's keep up this time around. You keep my heart on its toes."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment