Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Song316_The Things We've Lost

I got some great news earlier today...my first sales report for songs (from this project) played on satellite radio stations last month. They told me they have only gone through a portion of the (250+) songs that I sent them, but I had about 15 songs play on stations across the nation (a total of just under 200 plays in about 3 weeks). About 30 of those plays were from subscribers in the Dallas area...some are businesses, which means there's a chance for me to hear my music while at a restaurant or while walking through the mall. That would be interesting.

Today's song was written and recorded with long-time friend, Adam Smith (www.myspace.com/theethels). We started by creating drum sequences in 3 main sections, then we took turns adding guitar parts until there was a foundation of chord progressions throughout the song. Next, I added bass guitar. We each added a few more guitar parts, then Adam wrote/sang the only vocals in today's song. We started this song around 1330, Adam left around 1730, and I had it completed by 2100. I took a break for dinner, so this (28-track) song took around 6.5 hours to write and record.



By the way, today's song begins a new album, Week46_Atoms in Harmony. Last week's album, Week45_Magnification, is now available at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment