Sunday, October 25, 2009

Song117_Color of My Soul

This was a fun instrumental to put together. Brandon came over around 11am to help with today's song, and we decided on a few loose goals. One, we knew that we wanted to work harder to fuse live/analog drums with electronic rhythms. Two, we wanted to keep the chord structure simple and focus more on the melodies and editing. This song ended up having: analog drums, 4 or 5 sequenced electronic rhythms, bass guitar, 2 synths, 3 electric guitars (picking), one distorted guitar (strumming), a tambourine, congas, etc.

We both needed a break around 3pm, and I came back (solo) for the final mix. This song was written and completed within 4 hours. I like the energy and sounds created from this group of instruments. I had lyrics ready to go, but I decided to save them.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment