Friday, October 9, 2009

Song101_Hard Drive

Brandon is in the studio with me today, and we're still experimenting with new equipment. The focus is to create a song driven by rhythm and bass...and loaded with synth. Most good songs of this style have multiple highs and lows...constantly creating and releasing tension. There's creative and technical techniques for achieving that, so we're focused on some particular tasks that will (hopefully) give us the outcome we want. There's always some degree of a learning curve when you start writing songs in unfamiliar genres. I've enjoyed this music for years, but I don't listen to it very often...nor have I taken the time to analyze it as much as I have other types of music, but it's been fun so far.

I realized today that yesterday's song didn't upload to the online jukebox (provided by SnoCap). This is because they have limited my account to 100 songs. They didn't say that I was limited to one account, so I have created a new one, and I hope to have yesterday's (and today's) songs uploaded by tonight. If you read this before the song can be posted, then you're welcome to send me an email and I'll attached the mp3 files in my reply.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment