Friday, December 11, 2009

Song164_Mine-Filled Hills

This song was written earlier today on the acoustic guitar, so I started the recording session with that instrument (played with a metronome set to 150bpm). The percussion sections are pretty different on each of the main sections, but they're tied together with some live cymbal swells. The bass guitar progression is simple and solid, and I tried to vary the rhythm (and octave) on each section. I also added a few electric guitars, two vocals, and a violin synth sound...bringing the track-count to 18 or 20. The lyrics are just a fictional statement made by an eager, fearless soldier.

LYRICS: "I'm shipping off to the mine-filled hills where the enemies hide. If I don't make it back when it's over, tell everybody goodbye."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment