Monday, December 7, 2009

Song160_Undertow

This song is slightly different from the others this week. I started with similar elements (synth bass, upbeat rhythms, etc), but I wasn't getting the sounds that I wanted. I cut the tempo of the drum rhythm in half, added a bass guitar (in addition to the synth part I had already completed), and a few electric guitars. I like the mix of styles and moods. The beginning is pretty dramatic and melancholy, but it's interrupted by a triumphant, low-fidelity rock sound (only to revisit the melancholy section later). I think the construction, the sound, and the style of this song are reminiscent of my early 4-track recordings.

Tomorrow will complete another album (Week23_Meet Myselves)!

Reminder: All music recorded during January 2010 will be free to those that are on the Mailing List.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment