Monday, March 22, 2010

Song265_Flicker

265 days complete! Technically, I only have 100 days left, however, I've decided to go 366 consecutive days. At this point, I don't just want to finish...I'd like to conquer. It's like coach always said, "run THROUGH the finish line, not TO the finish line." Anyway, tomorrow will start the countdown, and by Wednesday (the start of Week #39) I will only have a double-digit number of days remaining. (The extra day is also to help with inevitable withdrawals). My goal from here is to top what I've accomplished so far. I'm hoping my best songs are still un-written.

Today's song (Song265_Flicker) is two separate ideas in the same key (G). The only common track/instrument is the bass guitar, and each song has about 10 unique tracks of it's own (all within the same ProTools session). The opening is dramatic, pounding, and full of anticipation. The second half is bouncy, synth based, and less serious. I like them both.

I am juggling a few work projects right now (in addition to recording each day), so I wrote and recorded this song in two separate sittings. Most of the song was completed within the first 3 hours, but I came back and spent an additional 1.5 hrs adjusting some sounds, mixing, mastering, and completing other random (daily) tasks.

Tomorrow will be the final song on this album (Week38_Connection Status: Nearly Active).

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment