Sunday, August 9, 2009

Song040_As Close As We Are

I recorded a rougher version of this song about 5 years ago (?), and Carly has always liked it. Brandon and I never formally recorded or published the song, so I tried to re-make it. I actually used the old (recording) session file, and then I systematically deleted tracks as they were replaced with better takes, better sounds, and better equipment than before. Some parts of the song are completely restructured...better editing to accent certain measures or instruments. I think it worked...she said she likes it better than the original version.

LYRICS: "The first one in, and you're the last one out. You feel the pressure build, and wonder 'where's the better part of this life?' But you wouldn't know if from that look in your eyes. It's bad, but still it's good to be alive. As close as we are we should be holding each other. Too much on your own, but together it's lighter by far. You're guilty as sin, and without excuse. But pure blood and forgiveness have bought us something that we'd never thought to buy. But you wouldn't know it from that look in your eyes."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment