Thursday, August 6, 2009

Song037_Battling Question Marks

I spent an hour or so experimenting with different ideas before coming up with an actual plan, but I'm pretty sure Carly will like this song. She likes other songs with this 'ska' (syncopated) guitar strumming. That was the entire plan I came up with after an hour..."use a 'ska' rhythm guitar." This one is upbeat and it has a horn section. I took a 30 minute break after lunch and wrote the lyrics. The vocals were tracked in a few takes, but there were 5-6 additional "icing" tracks that were added at the end.

LYRICS: "Life has unknowns, those frightening question marks, rogue tornadoes, earthquakes off the charts. Let's find a train to carry us far from here. A place we don't know, a place to disappear. Let's have some fun while we're still alive. We're safe as long as we stay by each other's side. I'll be your pulse. I'll be your shield."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment