Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Song231_Never Too Late

Today's song completes another album, Week33_Starting Over Again. I used some similar techniques and instruments throughout the entire week...I like that this collection of songs sound like they belong on the same album (but they don't sound the same). The most common ingredient was acoustic guitar. I also had fun recording vocals with my wife for the first time (Song227_Our Love)...I like her voice, and we had fun, so we'll record more in the future.

I worked today until 1300 today, took a quick break, Brandon came over, and we started recording this song around 1345. Brandon played the acoustic guitar (with a drum rhythm set to 78bpm), I recorded the bass guitar, and then Brandon had to leave. I like the transitions in this song, but I decided to make it an instrumental...so I layered constructively.

The newest album will be available soon at: www.anewsongeveryday.com

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment